[OSM-talk] Tagging for street danger levels

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Jun 23 14:49:41 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:29 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> 2010/6/23 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> > I figured it would be footway=* (a la cycleway=*), but apparently that
> was
> > proposed years ago and never adopted
> > (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Footway).
>

> do you suggest to set it to abandoned? Features in OSM are (mostly)
> not introduced or adopted by voting. Just use it, if you find it
> useful, even though there are alternatives (highway=path,
> foot=official, bicycle=no)

highway=path wouldn't work if the way is already tagged with
highway=secondary.

I was thinking something like highway=secondary, footway=both (a la
highway=secondary, cycleway=track).

The alternative would be to have three different ways.

Neither solution is particularly nice, though.  I'm actually hoping someone
will come up with something better :).