[OSM-talk] coastline within a park

Hillsman, Edward hillsman at cutr.usf.edu
Fri Mar 5 13:51:11 GMT 2010

I have a related question, which I've let sit for several months hoping to find an answer for. There is a park here

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=27.8394&lon=-82.5924&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF

that includes wetland islands, wetland mainland, and dry mainland. Initially I could not get any of it to render as "park". Somehow I eventually dumbed into something that renders the wetland islands as park, but it required deleting the islands and retracing them--not sure why. Anyway, I don't want to have to retrace the mainland wetland coastline to do this, and I also need to connect that with the dry mainland section. The entire wetland mainland area in the view is part of the park, and I know from visits to the area where the northern boundaries for the dry areas are. Can someone advise how to do this? I've stayed away from doing any further work on the local coastline until I figure this out.

Ed Hillsman

>Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:41:57 +0100
>From: Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] coastline within a park
>To: Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com>
>Cc: OSM Talk <talk at openstreetmap.org>

>2010/3/5 Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com>:
>> they'd already rendered, but now someone else has drawn it
>> incorrectly. i'll revert, use a polygon relation, and re-render
>

>haven't you stated above that the water is part of the park? The
>multipolygon-relation will exclude the inner from the outer, so IMHO
>this is not your desired solution...
>
>cheers,
>Martin

End of talk Digest, Vol 67, Issue 16