[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap ftp server

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 00:12:46 GMT 2010

Great!
That sounds like an excellent 3rd option.
This would add onto what we aready have & will have:
-the high detailed Toporama WMS layer & the low detailed larger area
wms layer (to be used for reference as well as tracing)

-the .osm files that are organized by NTS tile size from canvec (that
will include all of the Toporama features (including road data) - to
be used to 'copy in' and merge & attach to existing data

-and the geobase data  of province sized data (which includes roads)
&also includes features that we have not yet dealt with.

It will be great to see the geobase data available as a WFS system to
mirror the work done by the coraine import.
Thanks for sharing this!

(As an aside)
What would also be great is if the geobase data could be hosted to
serve WMS tile.maps, so then it adds 1 more option for the mappers to
work with.
James Dupont can explain how the tileservers work (also
wms.openstreetmap.de now exists, but i dont know if it could handle
the volume of the geobase collection.)

(As another aside) Does the Toporama wms layer include ALL of the map
features that are available from NRCan?

Sorry to cross-post but its all related.

Cheers,
Sam