[OSM-talk] Survey points with different altitudes reported as "duplicate nodes"

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Mar 21 14:19:59 GMT 2010

  So would be the best solution to fix this issue ? I see different options:
  - do nothing (with the risk that a bot will fix it incorrectly in the
  future)
  - remove arbitrarily one of the survey points but we loose some information
  - merge the points into one node and merge the tags using a separator
  (sounds ugly)
  - consider multiple nodes with different 'ele' as non-duplicate (and
  subsequently ask Matt's script to check it).

Definitely the last; nodes with different ele values are not actually
duplicate.

There's another question as to what belongs in the db, but we shouldn't
reason about that based on cases that existing tools don't handle yet.