[OSM-talk] Reporting bugs and documentation

Mon Mar 22 23:30:26 GMT 2010

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> maybe JOSM's default display style doesn't  visualise relations as
>> clearly as Potlatch, I don't know
>
> May I humbly suggest that, as the lead author of one of OSM's main
> editors, you at least look at the competition? I mean I don't demand
> that you use it, or understand it - but it would be really good if
> any contributor to a major editor would at least have an idea of how
> the basic OSM elements look in the other major editors.

I was actually dissembling slightly in an effort to be polite.

I know. I could equally have written "this is a clear failing in JOSM
which should visualise route relations like Potlatch does. BAN JOSM!!
11!1one". But that would have been gratuitous, a little offensive and
contrary to the point of a constructive e-mail. Explaining that has
kind of defeated the purpose. Ah well.

I do use JOSM occasionally (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/4160689
) and will continue to do so, at least while it still supports my
system. :)

cheers
Richard