[OSM-talk] Fwd: Is this relation really closed?

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:57:52 BST 2010

On 31/03/2010 18:02, James Le Cuirot wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply, Emilie. No doubt that is the culprit. I
> have found a PostGIS function that can clean such problems but it would
> be nice to fix the source data. I'm totally new to OSM and I live
> nowhere near this area. It seems like a simple enough fix though. Would
> it be considered rude for me to fix this? If the problem was that
> obvious, wouldn't someone else have fixed it already?

Hello,

what you will find in PostGIS will fix the issue that you are having in
your import of the database, but not in the raw data. It would actually
consider rude not to fix it actually :)
The problem was not obvious. As you have seen yourself, one of the
relation tool didn't pick the issue. I don't think anyone is running a
verification of all relations in general.
You are more than welcome to try, and do not hesitate to ask for help if
you don't see what the problem is. I am sure that plenty of people will
be offering support if you need it.
It is not uncommon for me to fix errors in places like Japan. There are
errors that can be fixed just by looking at the geometry. It is the
beauty of collaborative work, everyone can fix it.

Emilie Laffray