[OSM-talk] Custom paper map templates

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu May 13 22:53:04 BST 2010

Hi all,
I'm just wondering who all is working on making custom map templates?

Walking-papers.org are great, but is only 1 style.
I'm making Oo Draw files that just have the page layout, and all the
basic map info, (legend, scale, title, directory, copyright line,
border. # markers)

The Mapgen.pl is for getting the osm map details out into SVG.
So the ideas is that Oo is simpler to use than Inkscape, where simple
'prntScrn' can be done, where the monitor resolution is greater or
equal to the actual page size.

The purpose is to be able to print out free maps and give to any place
that will make it available.

So im looking for/making templates for cyclists passing through town/
walkers looking for tourist attractions / pub 'inspectors' looking for
pubs.
.... And many other templates, were its easy to move the legend around
and draw arrows & add in custom place markers.

Is there a wiki page that organizes this info around?

Thanks,
Sam

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada