[OSM-talk] new logo

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 14 11:27:56 BST 2010

Hi,

Robert Martinez wrote:
> Unluckily I don't see how putting a magnifier on 1s and 0s on a map
> shows any kind of "making" anything either.

Yes but the existing logo is cryptic enough not to make people think
"yeah, flagging POIs on a map, lots of people do that".

Plus, the old logo didn't claim that it was "reducing the amount of
representation to the absolute essence in order to work right" and then
choose the wrong essence.

If the logo is to be changed then it would have to be for something
which is a big improvement. Your logo may "work" from a graphic
designer's point of view put it has no heart nor soul. For me, using
your logo would not be any different from simply downloading something
that looks somewhat like a map from a clipart gallery and use that.

Bye
Frederik