[OSM-talk] place=isolated_dwelling approved - adding to mapfeatures

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 21 11:30:55 BST 2010

Hi,

Pieren wrote:
> place=farm
> In some countries the official type of a residential area smaller than a
> hamlet (Germany: Gehöft <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/de:Geh%C3%B6ft>).
>
> place=isolated_dwelling
> In some countries the official type of a residential area smaller than a
> hamlet (Germany: nicht ein Gehöft
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/de:Geh%C3%B6ft>).

I don't like the "in some countries" stuff. OSM is not organised by
countries.

I suggest:

place=farm - use this for residential areas smaller than a hamlet,
unless you think that place=isolated_dwelling is more appropriate

place=isolated_dwelling - use this for residential areas smaller than a
hamlet, unless you think that place=farm is more appropriate

You may also use landuse=residential for residential areas or
landuse=farmyard for farm yards. If someone lives on the farm, either
tag place=farm and landuse=residential, or use place=isolated_dwelling
and landuse=farmyard.

I'm not entirely serious about this. But a little.

Bye
Frederik