[OSM-talk] Navigation Debug Map Style Available

Vincent Pottier vpottier at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:38:58 BST 2010

Le 24/05/2010 11:20, Frederik Ramm a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Vincent Pottier wrote:
>> I have started to implement it as a test :
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/11980 (relation France)
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/934933 (relation
>> definition)
>
> I like the way in which you have created a circular reference by
> making 934933 a "parent" and "child" of 11980 at the same time. It is
> perfectly valid (twinned cities where each is the other's member would
> be a similar situation) but many tool/editor writers handle this
> poorly. Your relation will be a nice encouragement for them to fix
> their code.
>
> Bye
> Frederik

I know it is a risk of infinite loop for bad tools but
- the first version of the relation "definition" had no member, that is
not very convienient
- for tools keeping a list of definition, it is a way to remember to
witch area they apply
- maybe it is a way to build a "standard" def that several areas could
subscribe (for example holidays period zones of French educational
Academies that would apply to several departments)
--
FrViPofm