[OSM-talk] highway=ford vs ford=yes

Gorm E. Johnsen osmlist at gorm.cc
Tue Nov 2 00:05:42 GMT 2010

Elisabeth

I don't *_have_ to* change the nodes. I ask if it's a good idea.
And I asked (in the original post) for comments on the wiki. I believe the
wiki is a better arena for it. You can of course continue here if you like.
I have argued that I would like to do it for consistency. Most *_*ways*_* is
already changed, so I think it would be nice to do the same with nodes.
Apparently you oppose to that idea. Then I suggest you put a no-vote on the
wiki. I also hope you put together a sentence or two why you oppose it.

All

I sense there might be a misunderstanding here: I have _not_ changed the
geometry of the way-fords (apart from connecting them to existing riverbanks
where available, and a few other minor adjustments). I am _not_ proposing to
create ways out of single nodes tagged with highway=ford. I'm simply asking
to replace highway=ford with ford=yes on nodes as well.

best regards