[OSM-talk] Announce search box with result suggestions

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 05:20:58 GMT 2010

I find this annoying as well. I believe it happens because (at least here in
the US) cities are mapped twice. Once using a node in the center of the city
and once using the administrative boundary multipolygon relation. I'm
guessing the nodes exist because some tools don't know how to deal with
relations. Or am I way off base here?

Toby

On Nov 19, 2010 6:28 PM, "Steve Bennett" <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
> Give it a try, I will put th...
Cool. Speaking of things that bug us, I hate the way that when you
search for a town/suburb, you almost always get hits for both the
town, and all its boundaries. I don't know if this is a Nominatim
issue or what (I have no idea how Nominatim works), but if it could be
solved/reduced, I'd be very happy.

Steve