[OSM-talk] Announce search box with result suggestions

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:28:25 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find this annoying as well. I believe it happens because (at least here
> in the US) cities are mapped twice. Once using a node in the center of the
> city and once using the administrative boundary multipolygon relation. I'm
> guessing the nodes exist because some tools don't know how to deal with
> relations. Or am I way off base here?
>
> Toby
>

> I'm sure it's not a discussion for the dev-list but shortly, the place
node(s) and the administrative boundary are two different things. You can
have more than one place node inside a boundary polygon. In my country, we
use the role admin_centre in the boundary relation to indicate which place
node is the administrative centre. What you mention is more a rendering
issue.

Pieren