[OSM-talk] Suggestion for an Unconference

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:15:20 GMT 2010

Just a comment from one of the 130 who has voted yes on the recommendation
of one of the people I thought was fairly sensible here and I now regret
taking his advice.  I now strongly suspect I should have spent six months
wading through through the legal talk side of things rather than mapping
because a whole slew of issues seem to be coming up here.

I would like the ability to go back and change my vote.

I don't like being told this is not the place for discussion of license
issues or concerns.  In light of the recent involvement of Microsoft and
other large players I think there are perception problems that need to be
addressed.

For example I'm very concerned that there is no plan to deal with the
transition to the new licensing model.

Perhaps OSM should take note of the Open Data mob and be a little more open
about what is happening rather than trying to censure discussion on issues
and concerns which apparently have not been addressed by the decision
makers.  They seem to have taken decisions but won't accept any
responsibility to address issues and concerns.  I'm not asking to stay with
the old licenses necessarily but I would like to see some sort of plan and
if we can find a way to address the issues and concerns.

Cheerio John