[OSM-talk] Suggestion for an Unconference

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Nov 26 08:27:35 GMT 2010

I think everyone agrees that detailed legal discussion belongs on the legal list.

Questions such as how any licence transition should proceed, deletion of existing
bits of map, and how to organize the voting process are not legal arcana but
questions of project governance, and surely belong on this list.

I am sorry I asked about what Microsoft and others would like to see from OSM's
licensing terms.  I hoped that some concrete answers would help discussion to
move on from the mostly fixed positions and legal nitpicking we see on the legal
mailing list (of which I am just as guilty as anyone else).  But I guess the
big mapping sites are not willing to make a public statement for fear of being
seen to influence the project.  That is a shame, since we are somewhat in the
dark about what the rest of the world thinks.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>