[OSM-talk] Introducing Taginfo

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:39:32 BST 2010

Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:54:04PM +0200, Sebastian Klein wrote:
>> I'd prefer if it would not show a vertical scrollbar. This way you could
>> use the full height of your monitor to read the results. Would it be too
>> much to ask for, like, a maximum of 500 entries per page instead of
>> currently 40?
>
> I am not sure I quite understand, what you want. You don't want a scrollbar
> but still see 500 entries on your screen? How big is your monitor? :-)

My browser can scroll as well. I noted the handle at the bottom of the
table, where you can increase the size of the table area. Basically I'd
prefer this to be at maximum all the time.

> I just tried with 500 entries and it will become too slow. At least in Firefox.
> I get the dreaded warning about a runaway Javascript script.
>
> I will add 100 entries as an option which is still reasonably fast.

Thanks! To give you an impression: Wikipedia lists 500 entries per page:
<http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=OpenStreetMap&limit=500&action=history>

This way you can easily skim the content without the need to click the
"next" button every 2 seconds.

Another page that is already a little "extreme" because it is so large:
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/tags.html

Now I noted the magnifying glass at the lower left, where you can search
the values. It works quite nice (even for the "name" key) so I think I
don't really need that many entries per page. :)

Again, great work, the design is pretty slick...

Sebastian