[OSM-talk] Response to A critique of OpenStreetMap

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Thu Oct 14 16:10:13 BST 2010

Am 14.10.2010 16:58, schrieb Paul Houle:
> However, I'll say that the claim that "we don't have the resources to do
> it right" is a "bad smell" that I often perceive around organizations
> that are in a death spiral.
I'd read it like: I'ts not in our interest to do it right.

The purpose of the mail map on osm.org is to show what we have in our
database (as much as possible). We don't want companies to use our tiles
directly. And we don't want to have an end-user ready map. This map is
targeted at the mappers who want to see their bakery on the map and it
fulfills this goal.

Peter