[OSM-talk] Response to A critique of OpenStreetMap

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:10:07 BST 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:39:07 +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> But I have no problem with openstreetmap.org being "British" rather than
> some bland kind of "international" - we can do tiles on openstreetmap.de
> in a more German style, and tiles on openstreetmap.us in a more US
> style, and so on.

Is there a way so that international groups get theri own (virtual)
server but so that it is located together with other servers?

I can imagine us.osm.org, uk.osm.org, hr.osm.org and so on...

Ofcourse people would need to pay to get their server maintained and I
see no problem there if prices would be reasonable. If lets say 20-30 osm
volounteers can pay to keep the server running that would be the way to
go.

Then every country community could have it's rendering made as they need
it.

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com