[OSM-talk] How can the US get its stuff together? (was Re: Response to A critique of OpenStreetMap)

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Sat Oct 16 13:22:11 BST 2010

* Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> [2010-10-14 10:47 -0700]:
> I think you could largely sum up his criticisms in two broad headings:
>
>    1. US OSM contributors need to get their shit together
>    2. European maps don't look like American ones

I'm trying to see what sort of consensus exists on some of the issues from
41 latitude's post.  I've sent an email to the talk-us list[0] asking for
feedback and discussion.  I encourage anyone who's interested, particulary
people who map in the US, to contribute to the discussion on that list.

  [0]: http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2010-October/004361.html

--- --
Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping
tom to install your window blinds.
                       -- _Decrypting the Puzzle Palace_, John Barlow