[OSM-talk] Code of Conduct Draft

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 15:33:04 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay folks, we've talked about a Code of Conduct for a long time.
>
> Here's my proposal for one.

Hmm, there's something about it that doesn't work. It seems very much
geared towards certain software development efforts where problems are
caused by individuals taking big decisions that affect everyone,
without enough consultation. Do we have that problem here?

Here, the kinds of problems I see are ones where a hundreds or
thousands of tiny decisions are being taken without good coordination.
Or where people are trying to debate an issue to achieve resolution,
but the debate is ineffective for various reasons.

Also, what's the scope - are we talking about a code of conduct for
the mailing lists? for contributors to the database? for contributors
to the wider OSM universe?

Steve