[OSM-talk] Code of Conduct: civil discussion, lists etc.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 15:38:08 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Ulf Lamping
<ulf.lamping at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, you obviously did not read the Violations_and_Enforcement section of
> the wiki page :-(

My mistake. Yeah, it's not well worded. It has a top-down heavy-handed
feel to it: "Be good. Or bad things will happen to you."

Meanwhile:
>Yes, its very productive to get sooo much good intended advise that I've completely lost interest. Very productive indeed.

>The idea that the fair imposition of such a code of conduct would be
>possible in such an environment is a pipe dream.

>Now, as this is talk, we can talk for the next 12 months about
>standards, penalties, who is in group a and who is in group b.

etc...I'm astonished at the level of cynicism and bitterness here.
It's almost as though this thread is an opportunity for everyone to
vent their spleen over every wrong they've suffered. Is it really that
bad?

Steve