[OSM-talk] Planet database size?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 05:15:08 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:50 AM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> The first thing to ask is, if a serial iteration through the planet will be
> acceptable. Most statistics can be done this way and it is always faster on
> slow disks.
>
> Peter

I wasn't after just straight statistics. I was wanting to do some
analysis of bot activity and such so I need information on users,
changesets and map objects.

So by the resounding silence on this list I'm guessing most planet
imports are done into a postgis database for rendering so importing an
apidb may be a rare event. It is about to hit 500 GB... The good news
is ext4's online resizing feature works as advertised!

Toby