[OSM-talk] highway=ford vs ford=yes

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Oct 31 20:10:35 GMT 2010

On 31/10/2010 17:08, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2010/10/31 Gorm E. Johnsen<osmlist at gorm.cc>:
>> John
>>
>> I propose to replace highway=ford with ford=yes (or perhaps barrier=ford?)
>> on nodes as well, simply to de-clutter the highway tag and to be more
>> consistent.
>
> What about junction=ford ?

No.

Because it's not a junction, except if you have an amphibious craft of
course.

------

I'm not sure how the highway tag is cluttered & see no real reason to
change to ford=yes, but don't see a problem with it either.

Does this 'clutter' problem mean you'll want to amend
traffic_lights/mini_roundabout nodes as well?

Dave F.