[OSM-talk] [OSM-newbies] layers in OSM?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 09:55:05 BST 2010

hi,
the ArcGIS osm editor can handle layers, and from what i heard (wiki
page review) that is works well.

IMO generally, osm works as a flat sheet of paper, were people of all
skill levels can work on the map at the same time.

So having osm like a complex arcgis editor, makes it harder for the
general users to use, even josm is very difficult for the standard
users.

So the simpler the better, AFAIK

I agree, having a standard set of key/value pairs across all
eis/renders would help everyone, including a predefined list in the
filter box.

Which is why im working on that effort, i'll include getting a top 50
or so set of tags that are most popular and could be used for the
filter presets.

cheers,
sam

--