[OSM-talk] Okay, this is just cool (Lockport, NY)

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 21:14:37 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com>wrote:

> This doesn't say anything about streetview images which are also
> transformed (they create panoramas out of single images). They also relate
> the single images to other images and to a geographical position. I don't
> think you can say they just give you a simple photograph, rather they allow
> you to access their database of elaborated images.

Yes, they transform the images for panoramas. But we don't trace over these
images, we don't reuse what they added. We just look the content of the
picture. If they take a picture of your house, the house and all its
attributes (colour, shape) is not a property of Google because we see these
attributes through a picture from Google. It has nothing, absolutely nothing
to do with derivative work.

Pieren