[OSM-talk] Okay, this is just cool (Lockport, NY)

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:50:43 BST 2011

2011/3/31 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> I don't understand why the debat about street view is always slipping to
> aerial imagery controversy which is a different case for the reasons I
> already explained.

You didn't "explain",  You wrote "ToU is about "Google Maps" and their third
party aerial imagery, not about street view pictures. Aerial imagery is a
different, more complex issue because images are transformed."

This doesn't say anything about streetview images which are also transformed
(they create panoramas out of single images). They also relate the single
images to other images and to a geographical position. I don't think you can
say they just give you a simple photograph, rather they allow you to access
their database of elaborated images.

cheers,
Martin