[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap License Change Phase 3 Pre-Announcement

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 16 19:47:27 BST 2011

Ed,

On 04/16/2011 06:58 PM, Ed Avis wrote:
> Since the situation is so serious, there should surely be plenty of examples
> by now.

It only takes *one* example to take all our data and feed it into some
proprietary giant's database. Would you prefer to wait? Or even: If you
were a member of the OSMF board entrusted with our data's safe keeping,
would you prefer to wait? And then, when users complain, you'd say: "Oh
well, lawyers told me back in 2008 that this would happen but I figured
I'd rather not upset the apple cart"?

Bye
Frederik