[OSM-talk] New Logo in the Wiki

Jonas Krückel jonasxk at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 30 15:09:27 BST 2011

Am 30.04.2011 um 15:55 schrieb Frederik Ramm:

> Hi,
>
>   I don't have issues with the process (I wasn't involved in selecting the old logo so I don't mind others caring for that). But I think that something is technically wrong with the new logo; I think if you were looking at a magnifying glass from the angle chosen here, the end of the handle would not be visible like it is here. It's hard to pinpoint/describe this exactly for someone who is as untalented in drawing things as I am, but I've tried to sketch what I think would be  more "correct" version here:
>
> http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/osmlogo.png
> http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/osm_logo_soft_freds_version.svg
>
> This is not perfect either but maybe someone with more skill than myself could have a look at the issue and make the new logo look "right".

I agree that the perspective of the handle doesn't seem right and you're version seems to be a lot better.
For me it looks like the glass is laying flat and the handle is sticking out a little bit in the original version. Your approach seems to be to make the handle also lie flat, another way would be to shift the glass to fit the current angle of the handle.

If anyone wants to compare the two different versions, here's the link for the original version.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/7/79/Public-images-osm_logo.svg

-- Jonas