[OSM-talk] New Logo in the Wiki

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:17:38 BST 2011

2011/4/30 SteveC <steve at asklater.com>:
> You will also find discussion of this list in that meeting. If I had posted the new logo idea here before doing anything there would have been a gigantic discussion on it and nothing would happen.

I remember a different process when the foundation got its logo, and
it did happen.

> Any progress at all in any direction now means at least 5 or 10 people on this list don't like it. That makes it very hard for anyone to achieve anything without treating this list as noise. We need to get away from that. Any ideas appreciated.

It is not that people "don't like" the new logo, I would have expected
a process like:

0. Announce that you are going to change the logo in 4 (or 8) weeks.
1. publish a link to the logo proposal
2. get some comments
3. implement (eventually) some of the conclusions
4. you are satisfied or go to 1.

cheers,
Martin