[OSM-talk] Quality reports of non EU area

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Tue Aug 23 09:53:53 BST 2011

Stupid(?) question:
Does this merely look at data density in the given areas?

My observation from nearly a year in Haiti says that I wouldn't draw any
solid link between data quantity/density and quality. It may (or may not)
seem that in general where there are active communities then OSM data is
also of good quality and density can be seen as a general proxy(?) for map
(database) quality but it's also clear that a lot of data can also simply
mean a lot of crap.

Cheers,
-Jaakko

--