[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Membership applications from Skobbler employees

Jim Brown jim at cloudmade.com
Thu Aug 25 19:40:57 BST 2011

Sure...  They were passionate prior to that of course.  Look at the evolution of the kyiv map over time.  It's also really telling that so many have left Cloudmade and still are part of the community,  these are individual mappers your are talking about.  People who give a damn about OSM,

They just started talking and asking about getting into OSMF, which they needed help doing as you probably recall I think.  It used to be much harder to join.  So we decided to help, and so they joined.

I'm doubly surprised that you still think that was some evil plan.  Nothing particularly evil came from it as I recall.

But if you do still think there was bad intent, it is obviously pointless to try and change your mind.  I'm just glad most of the community seems to be over it.

Ciao,

Jim