[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] License Change View on OSM Inspector

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Dec 13 21:59:54 GMT 2011

Adam Hoyle wrote:
> Oh wow - I must have been on some long gone map
> style, it's all looking very different now I've changed
> the map style (and looking good too). Am I right in
> saying that purple outlines mean things are part of
> a hiking route, and green outline means foot route right?

Green is route=foot, the blue/purple is any other route (i.e. not foot or
one of the cycling types) IIRC. It would be nice to move all the hiking-type
things to green, but I get confused as to the difference between
route=hiking, root=foot, root=uk_ldp, etc. etc...

> And orange outlines are bad, orange outlines mean
> it'll get wiped, is that correct? Damn it, there are
> a *lot* of orange outlines.
> #wipestearsfromeyesandrollsupsleeves

In P2:

* dark maroon means "created by someone who's disagreed. Abandon all hope"
* semi-transparent maroon means "edited by someone who's disagreed. Will
probably be reverted to an earlier version"
* orange means "created or edited by someone who's not responded. Use the
history function to find out who that is, and flutter your eyelashes at
them"

I can't emphasise enough the importance of contacting people and asking them
to agree. It really works.

cheers
Richard