[OSM-talk] tools for the transition (was: Editing of content that will be deleted on April 1st)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Dec 14 13:23:20 GMT 2011

Am 14.12.2011 14:08, schrieb Hillsman, Edward:
> Two requests to help us prioritize our work:
> Right now we are remapping and contacting in the dark. Bad customer service is "We are changing things, you deal with it." Good customer service is "We need to make some changes, we understand that this is disruptive, we want to make this as easy as possible for you, here is what we are doing to help you during the change, and although we definitely are going to make the change, we are open to suggestions about how to make the transition less onerous."
>
> I am hoping that the work that Mikal Maron mentioned to respond to comments made yesterday will lead to making better information available.

There is no "we" and "you", while at some time in the future the LWG may
give its "official seal of approval" to whatever the "rules" are, it is
up to the community to actually come up with that set of rules.

And while we are not quite there yet, outside of some corner cases what
we have on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/What_is_clean%3F
seems to be very close.  Frederiks tool and others are in any case very
near to what will happen. BUT both decliners and non-responders can
still accept the CTs so the actually underlying data is still in flux
and it is up to -you- to decide what to remap and what not in your area.

Simon