[OSM-talk] Things People Say

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Dec 30 09:40:59 GMT 2011

I'm not quite sure where this rather emotional discussion is supposed to
lead.

There is nothing stopping anybody from building this great hunking
online map site with OSM-data with all the whizz-bang features they want
(and it is conceivable that the OSMF could support such an enterprise
parallel to "core-OSM"). Fact is that nobody has volunteered to do it,
there hasn't been an attempt to do it commercially (hint: that might
tell us something), there hasn't even been an attempt  to organize
volunteers to build such a site.

My conclusion: this thread is actually about wanting -other- people to
implement grandiose ideas in their free-time and being upset and whining
when they are not particularly enthusiastic about it (because they want
to do something else).

No money and/or no volunteers == nothing is going to happen.

Simon