[OSM-talk] magical road detector to play with

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Fri Feb 4 09:54:57 GMT 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 06:12, John-Michael Wiley <jmwiley at microsoft.com>wrote:

> I made the changes, checked in the code and published them to the staging
> servers. If someone else wants to take a look at the output and let me know
> if you think. Unless I hear complaints I will update the production servers
> tomorrow.
>

> http://c5a33f72a0594a6b87931c2e3f984324.cloudapp.net/
>

> I pasted the new output below.
>

> Thanks,
>
> J.M.

- No related, but I wonder about the "bbox" parameter in the requests.

What should it be? The smallest possible bbox completely containing the road
to be detected? Is it also a technical optimization parameter, i.e.
specifying the world might work but with a huge performance penalty?

- Do you think, at one point, it would be possible to detect all
roads/segments within the bbox according to one point defining the roads
"color" (This would probably increase the usefulness of the system by an
order of magnitude...)

- Chris -