[OSM-talk] (magical?) road detector

Ido Omer Ido.Omer at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 7 01:20:38 GMT 2011

I'm not a lawyer either and I don't want to get myself into more trouble than necessary, but as far as I know, as long as it is a non-commercial editor, using the API should be OK.
I'll try to find out what exactly are the exact limitations on using the API.

Regarding other sources of data, we are definitely going to use all available data sources. I don't see a reason not to use other types of data. Trying to solve the problem using computer vision alone is way too ambitious. The only problem with using different sources of data is probably making sure the sources are well aligned/registered (which is not a trivial problem).