[OSM-talk] Wiki editing (was Re: (magical?) road detector)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Feb 7 14:23:40 GMT 2011

Matthias Meißer wrote:
> Sorry for the mistake, but as everybody knows, this can happen, even
> if you fight alone against a dozen of wikipages ;)

Anything I say here will only get me into trouble so I better not. :)

> But I don't see why did you removed the template completely instead
> of fixing just the license?

Because the first three things I looked at were wrong:

1. Licence
2. Developers (just Dave and me named, which is unfair on Andy and Steve and
others)
3. URL (the osm.org instance is only one - there are instances at MapQuest
Open, CycleStreets, wanderreitkarte.de, geowiki.com, Sustainable London Map
and elsewhere)

At that point I gave up looking and decided to take it down before it could
mislead anyone else. Tobias Knerr has very kindly offered to post some
accurate information and that'd be great.

But please, if you're "cleaning up" the wiki and there's something you're
not sure about, do what we do on the map: add a FIXME. Don't just put a
guess in there and assume that someone will spot it.

cheers
Richard