[OSM-talk] Bing coverage

ant antofosm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 14:41:49 GMT 2011

Hi,

I have noticed mappers make various attempts to map coverage of Bing
high resolution imagery. Some drawed areas around the imagery and
stuffed them into relations, others created xml files etc. etc. (see the
wiki page [1])
I thought that a world coverage map wasn't feasible with those methods,
so I took Martijn van Exel's Bing analyzer and tweaked in a way that it
creates a simple red/green map of hires coverage (green=hires available,
red=hires not available).
You will see that only a few spots have been rendered so far, but that
is due to the way it works: You must zoom in to a hires zoom level in
order to trigger the rendering. Try it out:
http://ant.dev.openstreetmap.org/bingimageanalyzer/

cheers
ant

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bing/Coverage