[OSM-talk] Bing coverage

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:48:08 GMT 2011

2011/2/7 ant <antofosm at gmail.com>:
>> What is your definition of "hires"?
> the definition of "hires" used in this application is "imagery is available
> at zoom level 14 or more". If you compare coverage areas linked to on the
> wiki page, you'll see that almost all of them correspond to that definition.
>
> I'm aware that there might be levels of even greater detail, but that isn't
> implemented...

Yes, I agree that more colours could clarify this. Currently, all
areas in Italy seem to be green, where some of the ones I checked
offer resolutions up to zoom 17 (not quite the very best imagery
imaginable) and others up to 20 (absolutely sufficient for the very
most OSM-usecases). I you would use a colour scale for availability at
different zoom levels this tool would gain a lot IMHO, without
requiring a lot of effort to implement.

cheers,
Martin