[OSM-talk] [Tagging] UK, Cardiff and Edinburgh, change capital=yes to capital=4

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Wed Feb 9 17:38:27 GMT 2011

On 04/02/2011 13:48, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> >RTFM!
>
> >http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Admin_level
>
> >Wales/Scotland/England are 4, regions are 5
>
> To be quite honest I really, really don't care that much at all: but,
> by word of explanation I was only suggesting what I *thought would be
> sensible* as England/Wales/Scotland/NI all have significant national
> identity of their own. Looking at the wiki article, one could argue
> for the removal of level 3 altogether to be quite honest as the vast
> majority of countries have no entry. But once again, I really, really
> don't care that much.

I'm pretty much with Nick on the not caring.

Personally I think the Admin Level system is unintuitive and hard to
understand.  I'm not a fan of putting codes into tags. Yes I know
tagging is over there ===>

Having said that if the consensus is that this is the right way to go, I
have no objection to changing Edinburgh from a yes to a 4. I may even do
so later this evening.

Cheers
Chris

e: me at chrisfleming.org