[OSM-talk] What the license change is going to do to the map

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:04:01 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com> wrote:
> I would like to say that I'm surprised no one has created a tool yet
> to simulate what a given area would look like after the switchover
> given the current (or simulated) list of users that have agreed to the
> new terms.

Like this?
http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/

I think it only looks at roads but it's a start. Also, I'm not sure
how up to date it is. At the time this map was created there were
about 3700 people who had accepted. Now there are close to 8,000. Not
sure if it is rendering off of live updates or not.

Toby