[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 10 13:52:42 GMT 2011

 On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:45:47 +0100, Matt Williams wrote:
> On 10 February 2011 14:33, Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Am I the only one who is wondering what this whole thread is about?
>> Has
>> Anthony's edits been removed? If so, why?
>> I haven't heard of the license change actually being implemented
>> ATM, and
>> certainly not that edits are being removed.
>>
>> So, what is this all about?
>
> See the other thread "What the license change is going to do to the
> map" from yesterday.

 Nope, that doesn't really help. Anthony posted a message out of the
 blue with a before and after picture and later stated that "The board
 voted to delete my contributions, and this is the before and after."
 Later someone (who is AFAIK not a member of the OSM board) called him a
 troll and accused him of copying data from Google.

 But what really happened or what the real cause for this is is not made
 clear.

 So, his edits were deleted by the OSM board? Why?
 And if not only his edits were deleted, but all nodes and ways he
 touched were deleted, why? Why not his edits reverted to the previous
 state?

 Maarten