[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Feb 10 14:12:20 GMT 2011

On 10 February 2011 13:52, Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> So, his edits were deleted by the OSM board? Why?
> And if not only his edits were deleted, but all nodes and ways he touched
> were deleted, why? Why not his edits reverted to the previous state?

Message from Mikel 2 days ago explaining:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2011-February/001052.html

I believe the user-revert script used is fairly simple and does not
have direct access to the OSM database. The script does attempt to
restore previous states, but without direct DB access it is limited.

Regards
 Grant