[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:15:20 GMT 2011

On 10 February 2011 14:01, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> Which, by the way, I denied.  Tracing aerials does not involve copying data.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. Since I began mapping on OSM
(which was a while ago) the considered opinion of the project was
"Don't trace Google imagery. We're not sure it's legal, they're
convinced it isn't and it's certainly a breach of their terms of use.
So don't do it. Seriously. Bad things will happen, and it will be your
fault"

You failed to heed this. Bad things happened. It's _your_ stupid fault.

Dermot