[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Feb 10 14:45:51 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Kay Drangmeister <kay at drangmeister.net> wrote:
> Hi

>>> Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.
>>
>> It definitely doesn't.  There's no "maybe" about it.
>
> Since you are no judge I dare to object.

What does being a judge have to do with determining whether or not I
copied data?  In many jurisdictions, a judge wouldn't even be involved
in such a determination of fact, a jury would.

> However: OSM data integrity is at stake, and you are endangering it,
> willfully and knowingly.

Everything was fine just a few days ago, before the LWG started deleting stuff.

I note that the only evidence whatsoever that I ever traced anything
from Google, is the fact that I said I had.  And you don't trust me.
So this deletion spree is based on absolutely nothing.

> While you seem to understand the reasoning behind the OSM contribution
> policy, you fail
> to obey it.

I thought I understood the policy.  To cover your ass so Google can't
say you're encouraging people to break the TOS.  But I've been told
that isn't it at all, and that you actually don't want people to trace
from Google.