[OSM-talk] Bing coverage - more levels

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Fri Feb 11 00:27:29 GMT 2011

On 11/02/2011 00:07, Dermot McNally wrote:
> I think the theory is that if you have already done the hard work of
> zooming in, the next guy won't have to because he'll see the coloured
> tiles at that location.

if someone has to do that first to highlight the data that's already
there, then I think it's even less worthy than I thought before.

> So it's quite a valid bit of crowd-sourcing,
> if we accept that the end result is worth having.
As I said that info is already available

> The end result being
> that the whole world appears in _some_ colour, even at very low zoom.

At what zoom level to I have to be at to view an already zoomed in area
to view dark blue (z20)?

I'm trying, but still failing to see the benefit in this.