[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri Feb 11 01:07:51 GMT 2011

>>> Either you "traced from Google" or "none of the edits were infringing".
>>> Those two assertions are mutually incompatible.
>>
>> No they aren't.
>>

> Anthony,
> they might not be incompatible as far as you are concerned.
>
> But they are incompatible as far as the OSM community is concerned.  That is
> a fact.

I'm not sure where you're getting that "fact" from.  Nor do I see the
relevance.  The "OSM community" might believe that 1+1=3 for all I
know.  But that doesn't change the fact that it 1+1 in fact equals 2.

> OSM has repeatedly said it does not want contents that are derived
> from Google tracing.  It's very clear.  OSM is not asking you whether you
> think you are allowed to trace from Google.  It is telling you that as a
> community we don't want you to trace from Google.

Yes.  And it's telling me that by deleting contributions which have
absolutely nothing to do with my tracing from Google.