[OSM-talk] magical road detector to play with

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Feb 14 11:12:17 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 03:25, John-Michael Wiley <jmwiley at microsoft.com>wrote:

> Not sure that was helpful.
>
> Anyway, I updated the staging servers with a new build that hopefully
> addresses the issues. Give it a try and let me know if you any issue.
>        - modified osmchange to osmChange
>        - removed the bounds
>
> http://3667a17de9b94ccf8fd278f9de62dae4.cloudapp.net/
>
> Hi,
The format looks fine, thanks.

Now, I have a more bugging "functional" issue:
None of the 2 set of coordinates I specify are part of the way which is
returned.

This can be see with just the example on the page: Click "Go" and none of
the node returned = the input nodes.

Assuming a workflow of:
1) create 2 nodes on existing distant roads
2) Run Bing detector with these 2 points to join the roads

Result will be unconnected roads. The start and end nodes coordinates of the
returned road do not match the input point.
The difference is in the order of centimeters, but still, that would force
to implement some "duplicate node in a given radius" logic quite
unnecessarily...

Possible solution: Assume that start and end of returned way correspond to
the input coordinates.
Is that right?

- Chris -