[OSM-talk] Underground / hovering buildings

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Feb 15 15:10:12 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:12:34AM +0100, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2011/2/14 Andrew Guertin <andrew.guertin at uvm.edu>:
> > Second, an underground building. Connects to other buildings that are at
> > ground level and have basements.
>

> layer=-1 for the underground building. You could maybe also try covered=yes

layer=-1 tells only that the thing is under layer=0 and over layer=-2,
nothing in relation to 'ground level' (some rivers or roads may have
layer=-1 or layer=1 on most of its length).

For underground roads and waterways 'tunnel=yes' works well. Would it be
applicable to buildings?
And in some cases I guess a footway or other tunnel may be a good
representation of the underground connection of buildings.

Greets,
        Jacek