[OSM-talk] Power-user GPS app for Android?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:31:38 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Andrew Gregory
<andrew.gregory at gmail.com> wrote:
> and usability, and by adding OpenStreetBugs support (which needs network
> comms). I've been using OpenStreetBugs as my online POI database of things
> to survey. It probably wouldn't take too much work to create offline bug
> reporting, and upload bugs when comms become available.

Another idea would be to create a photo bugs toolchain:
1. Surveyor takes a geotagged photo of a bug
2. Uploads it at a later stage to a central server
3. Another user open Josm, zoom in on an area and downloads the photos.
4. Make the corrections and upload.

The idea would be to streamline the process as far as possible. In
(1), the GPS, compass and sensors must all be accurate before taking
the picture. The user must be allowed to annotate the picture, perhaps
even with a voice recording. Bulk operations must be supported in (2)
and (3)